Testosterone Boosters – Can they help you lose weight?
A male sex hormone called testosterone promotes masculinity. Low testosterone levels cause men to lose muscle mass, gain fat, lose energy, and lose sex drive. There has been an increase in testosterone supplements. Weight loss and muscle building with testosterone boosters? Boosting testosterone levels with testosterone boosters, also called T-boosters. They usually contain ingredients like D-aspartic acid, zinc, magnesium, fenugreek, and vitamin D which may help stimulate natural testosterone synthesis. The most popular testosterone-boosting supplements on the market are capsules or powders mixed into shakes or smoothies.
Do they build muscle and burn fat?
There is some evidence that testosterone boosters when combined with strength training, help boost muscle mass and strength. A few studies have found that men taking testosterone supplements and resistance training experienced greater increases in lean muscle mass compared to those who were only weight trained. One 2011 study published in The Aging Male gave a testosterone booster to men aged 35-65 over 12 months. Supplement-taking men gained over twice as much lean muscle mass (roughly 3 kg) as placebo group men.
Higher testosterone levels signal the body to synthesize new muscle proteins, resulting in lean muscle gains. Growth hormones released by testosterone support muscle growth. Muscle breakdown is prevented by inhibiting cortisol and other catabolic hormones. For fat loss, some research shows that testosterone supplements help reduce total body fat and visceral fat in particular. When a man has low testosterone, testosterone treatment reduces his body fat mass. This fat-burning effect may be attributed to testosterone’s ability to increase the number of fat-burning beta-adrenergic receptors in cells. It also helps boost metabolism slightly which aids the body’s ability to burn calories. Many testosterone booster studies have been conducted on low-testosterone men. People with optimal testosterone levels may not experience the same effects. Younger populations and athletes need more studies.
Benefits beyond muscle and fat loss
In addition to potential muscle-building and fat-burning effects, in-depth evaluation of trt provider is also associated with benefits like:
- Increased energy, endurance, and physical performance
- Improved mood and sense of wellbeing
- Higher sex drive and sexual function
- Better cognitive abilities like focus, memory, and concentration
- Reduced osteoporosis risk and stronger bones
- Immune system support
So even if the muscle growth and fat loss effects are marginal for some, testosterone boosters still enhance physical vitality in many ways for men as they age.
Natural ways to boost testosterone
Testosterone therapy may not be appropriate or desirable for some individuals. Luckily, there are natural ways to give your testosterone levels a lift without resorting to supplementation:
- Strength training and building muscle – fat cells release aromatase which converts testosterone to estrogen. The more muscle you build, the higher your testosterone levels may climb. Compound lifts seem to produce the largest spikes in testosterone.
- Get adequate vitamin D from sunlight. Low vitamin D is directly correlated with low testosterone.
- Manage stress – chronic stress elevates cortisol which suppresses testosterone production.
- Get enough zinc, magnesium, and vitamin K2 which help increase testosterone availability.
- Improve sleep quality and aim for at least 7 hours per night – lack of sleep disturbs hormonal balance.
- Lose excess body fat – obesity precipitates lower testosterone levels.
- Limit alcohol, marijuana, and opioid painkiller use which tend to lower testosterone.
Know about joe bidon and how he led his presidential campaign to one of the biggest victory for America.