When is it necessary to visit a doctor incase of a varicocele?
Varicocele appears like a lump of twisted enlarged veins bulging through the scrotum. Having such a lump of damaged and painful veins in the scrotum can make it challenging for a man to continue their daily life routines.
Varicocele can arise due an injurious activity, trauma or some kind of infection that remains undetected or unattended for too long. In addition to the physical pain and discomfort, varicocele may also become a subject of stress and embarrassment for the person. Therefore, it is necessary to speak to a doctor during the initial stage of varicocele to shorten the days of pain and embarrassment.
One must not ignore the following early signs of varicoceles and must visit a doctor:
Dull pain and soreness in the scrotum- As and when the veins of the scrotum around the testicles start damaging and turning varicose, there arises a gradual dull pain and soreness in the scrotum. The pain may intensify while carrying day time activities that exert some pressure on the groin region.
Scrotal swelling- When more and more blood starts pooling inside the veins of the scrotum, they tend to form a lump and push aside the testis. This contributes to the swelling of scrotum that does not vanish even when a person lays down or rests for some time. But there is a huge possibility that the swelling may keep on increasing if medical intervention is delayed by weeks.
Visibly enlarged veins in the scrotum- The major cause of varicocele is blood reflux and pooling inside the scrotal veins. When this happens, the veins tend to enlarge. In the initial stages, these veins may not be visible clearly but as the varicocele progresses to further grades, these veins become visible. You may start to notice bluish purple twisted veins in the scrotum and the scrotal sac may appear as a bag of worms.
Reduced fertility- Impact on fertility is another common symptom associated with varicocele. The blood pooling in the veins tends to affect the testicular temperature thereby affecting the overall fertility. So, if along with the discomforts, you also feel like your fertility levels are being compromised, it is high time you visit a doctor before the condition becomes severe.
What can happen when a doctor does not visit a doctor in case of a varicocele?
- Erectile dysfunction- When blood pools up inside the veins, the flow of blood through the arteries gets affected and enough blood may not reach the penis and groin area. As a result, sexual dysfunction and erectile problems may happen.
- Low sex drive or libido- Researches have revealed that prolonged varicocele can reduce the testosterone levels by as much as 30 percent. Due to this, your sex drive, libido and interest in sex may get reduced.
- Rupturing of the damaged veins- If a lot of blood gets accumulated in the scrotal veins, it can make the vein walls weaker and they may rupture. This can lead to bleeding inside the scrotum and the condition can be quite discomforting.
- Premature ejaculation- The exact reason is not known, but many varicocele patients do complain of premature ejaculation most times they indulge in sexual intercourse. This of course can be quite frustrating if it continues for a long time.
- Forming of blood clots inside veins- Due to impaired blood circulation, the probability of blood cells clumping together inside the veins increases. As a result, blood clots may form in the scrotal veins.
- Shrinking of the testicles (testicular atrophy)- Excessive pressure inside the veins can put a lot of strain against the testicles as well. This can lead to shrinking of the testicles and may even cause permanent testicul
- Absence of sperms in the semen (azoospermia)- The lack of sperms in the semen can also occur due to varicocele. It happens when varicocele becomes a prolonged condition.
Best treatment offered by doctors to cure varicocele
There may be numerous oral and surgical treatments available for varicocele. But these days, it is the laparoscopic varicocelectomy that is the most preferred option for both patients and the doctor. The laparoscopic treatment of varicocele(s) involves minimal scarring and is performed under the influence of anesthesia. Even when the anesthesia wears off, the patient experiences no major pain. Being a minimally invasive surgery, this modern varicocelectomy procedure offers a very short recovery span that is free from any complications or infections.
Pristyn Care is one of the healthcare providers that have trained doctors who are certified and experienced to perform laparoscopic varicocelectomy. The surgery takes place in one of their hospitals only. Pristyn Care has been expanding its presence all over India to offer seamless treatment experience to as many people as possible. Currently they are operational in all the metro cities and many tier 2 cities as well. Visit their website to know more about the treatment.
Incidence of young men suffering from varicocele is rather more common than you may know of. And since it can result in so many complications, the problem becomes even more serious. The best approach to tackle varicocele is to seek medical advice in time. A timely diagnosis and treatment will ensure a safe recovery and keep the chances of complications away.
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018